Ford Taurus Owners Welcomes You!

Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Taurus Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Taurus Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Taurus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1999 Tarus V-6 - Heat slow to warm up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   crmoody3

crmoody3

New Taurus Member

• Taurus Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:10 PM

I have just purchased a 1999 Ford Taurus with 127,000 miles, everything works great with the exception it takes the heat a long time to warm the car up.

Temp gaugue reads at about 35 to 40 percent of the normal zone. Heat is actually cooler when the fan is on high.

Where should I go first thermostat, heater core, controls?

Thanks for your help.
  • loalfbubart likes this

Loose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free acccount.

#2 OFFLINE   Harley69

Harley69

New Taurus Member

• Taurus Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:33 AM

Try testing the temp dial by turning on AC and then adjust down after it has gotten cold to see if you can feel a diff. The next thing I would check would be the thermostat. Thermostats sometimes start to stick because of corrosion so it could possibly be partially stuck open making it hard for the car to warm up. I doubt it would be anything with the heater core.

Hope this helps. smile.gif happy feet.gif