Ford Taurus Owners Welcomes You!

Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Taurus Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Taurus Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Taurus Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Problem with 98 Taurus power door locks

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   qquake

qquake

New Taurus Member

• Taurus Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:52 PM

Hi All,

My mom has a 98 Taurus with an aftermarket keyless entry system. The battery has been discharging in about a day. I noticed that whenever you started the car, the parking and dash lights would flash for a full minute, the door locks would lock, the lights would continue to flash for another minute, then the door locks would try to lock again. After a while, the doors would unlock. Then lock again. Then unlock again, etc. So I disconnected the keyless entry system, and the lights no longer flash. But the door locks randomly and continuously lock and unlock. Car running or not, driving or sitting still, they keep doing it. I'm thinking this is what is drawing the battery down.

My question is, how do you disable the factory power door locks? I looked in the manual, but can't find a fuse for them. The only thing listed is a relay that's in the fuse block. Can I pull this relay to completely disable the power door locks? Is there another way to do it? FYI, I replaced the battery and alternator a few months ago, and they both test good.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jim Lane

Loose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free acccount.